Eeeeeek! I cannot believe another year is nearly over. There is something nostalgic about the end of the year, I start thinking about all that has happened in that year, years before and planning my ‘to do’s’ for the year to come. I love that the end of the year is my ‘jump start’ period. I start recharging my batteries, my energy levels begin to peak again and I am generally pretty excited to see what the next year will bring. The good, the great, the bad and the ugly, I love the change I see in myself as I grow and I am introduced to a better self I had previously not know. Next year is a special year for me because I turn 25. I understand that I am still such a baby with so much to learn, one step to take at a time and dreams to achieve. However I am also aware that there are certain things I should know by k=now and mistakes I should not be making. There are lessons that had I being paying attention earlier, should be solidified and just a part of me now…e.g. budgeting. Sadly, that is not the case and there is so much that we know we should do and yet we do not. What do we do this to ourselves?
Anyway in readiness for the new year, I thought it would be nice to reflect on the past year with you all. I would love tp hear about your experiences also! In a nutshell, these are some lessons I have picked up this year;
- Remind yourself that making mistakes is ok. I find the older I get, the less experimental I want to be. This is for sure a way to live a boring unfulfilled life. Age does not mean loss of lustre.
- Being in a position of leadership is such a blessing. Whether formally or informally, do not take it for granted and never underestimate the effect you have on people
- Listening is a skill and blessing someone with open ears and a non judgmental mind is one of the biggest gifts you can give.
- Do not belittle your own ideas. You have an amazing mind so do not assume because you thought of something easily, everyone/ someone else would have.
- Do not increase the limit on your credit card, the more there is available to spend, the more your probably will.
- Speak every word with purpose. Do not useless your life by being wreck less with your mouth.
- Love is powerful. When you are in relationship, understand the effect you have on a person is mind boggling.
- Correction and instruction can come from anywhere. Be willing to learn from everyone.
- Taking one step at the time is wise. Do not be in a hurry to rush and take 10. You only have one life – savour each moment and every progression.
- Put God first. No excuses.
p.s. check out my books in the side bar xx