It is so crazy cold at the moment. I live in East London and I know compared to some parts of the country and the world, the weather here is not that bad but for me here and now…wow! Anyway instead of allowing myself to wallow and resent the weather I thought it would be a great idea to share some of the good things about winter. Every season has its pluses and negatives. I happen to love the summer months and believe that because I am a Sub – Saharan baby, it is kinda God ordained for me to love warmer weather (my family thinks my theory is a load of rubbish).
So anyway it is winter, I knew this weather was coming and want to try as much as possible to embrace the icy winds, shorter days, and numbing fingers. Here’s my top 5 list of things to do when it is cold. Please feel free to drop any of your ideas below!
1. Make a beautiful home cooked, hearty meal like meat, spicy rice, potato salad and mixed veg and curl up on the couch with my hot water bottle and watch a movie
2. Run a bubble bath with candles and lay there for ages!!!
3. Buy my fav sweets, snacks, and other nutrition less food and watch a movie with my younger sis and paint my nails.
4. Lay under my duvet and listen to the rain.
5. Bake biscuits, cakes, pies and watch tv with my fam while we eat the feast with some good tea or hot chocolate.
Note: All of the above require the radiators on and the room toasty warm!!